What is your name and title within your organization?
Jean-François Bard, Superintendent of education at Conseil des écoles catholiques du Centre Est (CECCE) and Executive Director of the Fondation des écoles catholiques du Centre-Est.
- What do you love about your organization and the work that it does? The mission of CECCE is to engage every student to learn, pursue their dreams and build a better world. I sincerely believe and share this. I’m proud to work with CECCE to achieve these goals.
- Why are you a member of the OCYI Steering Committee? I'm a member of the OCYI Steering Committee because I want to represent the interests of children and youth in the community and also to support other members to reach the common goals of the Committee.
- Why do you think that the OCYI is important? The OCYI is important because of its vision which consists of ensuring that all children and youth in Ottawa can reach their full potential and grow up great! This is something I share with the other members of the committee.
- Did you or your family ever benefit from community organizations when you were a child or youth? Growing up in Toronto, I was a boy scout as a child and teen and benefited greatly from this youth organization as it assembled a group of francophone youth after school hours. I was also involved in community sports and social clubs at various stages of my teenage years.
- What is your hope for children and youth in Ottawa? The best I could wish and hope for children and youth in Ottawa is to grow with all basic needs and to have access to education and activities that will enable them to become leaders to the coming generation. In that regard, as Executive Director of the Fondation des écoles catholique du Centre-Est, I take great pride in providing underprivileged children and impoverished families with opportunities equal to their peers and neighbours.