In honour of both St. Patrick’s Day and Nutrition Month, OCYI dared local youth to boost their energy by making a Classic Green Monster Smoothie from the Oh She Glows cookbook. Rave reviews were unanimous and luckily the Incredible Hulk did not appear.
- 1 cup (250 mL) almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 cup destemmed kale leaves or baby spinach
- 1 large ripe frozen banana, chopped into chunks
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or ground flaxseed
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 scoop of your favourite protein powder (optional)
- 2 to 3 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.