“I love this recipe as it was one of the first things I learned how to bake with my mom! It is also a very special recipe within my family, as it belonged to my late grandmother. I am so excited to share it with the OCYI!”
-Jayden, a Youth Advisory Council member for the Rural Ottawa Youth Mental Health Collective
- 4 large old brown bananas (mashed)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Chocolate chips (desired amount)
- Mix ingredients in a bowl
- Once in pan, sprinkle more chocolate chips and brown sugar on top.
- Bake at 350 °F for about an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean
Note: if using salted butter, do not add salt
This story is part of the December 2022 Ovation. This story is also available in French.