If you are finding that local and world news is wearing very heavily on your heart right now, please know that you are not alone. It can be especially challenging to explain these events to children and youth, when we as parents, educators and caregivers do not always have the answers.
OCYI shares your feelings and has compiled a list of resources, created by our partners, to help guide kids and youth through difficult times. Please remember to take care of yourself as well and to reach out if you need support.
- OCSB: How to talk to your child in tough times – Mental Health Minute
- OCDSB: Tragic Events
- CECCE: Les incidents tragiques
- Ottawa Public Health: Responding to Stressful Events
- Caring for Kids: Helping children and teens cope with stressful public events
- Canadian Red Cross: Talking with children and youth about difficult things
- Centre Le Cap: Santé mentale : comment garder le cap
- Counselling Connect
This story was featured in the March 2022 OCYI Ovation
Cet article de blog en français ici