From the Collection Development selectors of the Ottawa Public Library, featuring titles from the Indigenous Languages Collection. Each book is bilingual in an Indigenous language and English.
Snuggle up to our selection of books perfect for a cold winter’s day (or evening!). All are available from the Ottawa Public Library, and some are even eBooks! Get your free library card and start reading today!
- Bear for Breakfast (Makwa kidji kijebà wisniyàn) by Robert Munsch
- Little You (Gidagaashiinh) by Richard Van Camp
- La Mitaine (The Mitten, Mitcikawain) by Sylvain Rivard (French, English, Ojibwe)
- This is How I Know: A Book about the Seasons (Mii maanda ezhi-gkendmaanh: niibing, dgwaagig, bbong, mnookmig dbaadjigaade maanpii mzin’iging) by Brittany Luby
Other Book Lists
- Cozy Winter Reads for Children (English)
- Winter Reads for Teens (English)
- Lectures autochtones douillettes d’hiver pour enfants (français et langues autochtones)
- Lectures douillettes d’hiver pour enfants (français)
- Lectures douillettes d’hiver pour ados (français)
This story was featured in the December 2021 OCYI Ovation