For over 100 years, OCYI partner, the Bethany Hope Centre has provided a wide variety of programs and services designed with the mission to, “…support, equip and empower adults, youth and children in the Ottawa Region.”
Prior to the pandemic, young parents gathered at the Centre’s weekly Make and Take onsite cooking class to prepare a meal for their families. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Bethany Hope has flipped the program to a Take and Make model where staff prep the meal for participants and provide them with a recipe to make at home. Please enjoy this delicious Take and Make recipe below with your own family.
Greek Pasta Salad with Chickpeas
Ingredients for the salad
- 1 package pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 ½ cups chopped cucumber
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- ¼ cup sliced Kalamata olives (optional)
- 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- Optional extras (chicken, veggies and cheese)
Ingredients for the dressing
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine cooled pasta, vegetables and chickpeas
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, oregano and salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and stir until everything is well combined. Keep in fridge until ready to serve, up to a day. Stir again just prior to serving.
This profile was featured in the September 2021 OCYI Ovation
Cet article de blog en français ici